Wednesday, February 21, 2018

More TTC Subway sketches

          

The latest TTC Subway crop: the first one on 6"x9" tan paper (pen is unforgiving, and the cross-hatching on her left cheek isn't quite right, but, hey, just a transit drawing); the latter two on 3½"x5½" cream paper. I do like working in the small book - more discreet. Disclaimer: These resemble the folks who inspired them but are not accurate renderings since either they got off the train or I did before I was finished the drawing and so relied on memory.

Later: It looks like I forgot to upload a couple more transit sketches.

                                      

The last page shown here is what happened when, unknown to me, I used water on one of the sketches... it soaked through with the ink and ruined a few pages back. So I did a few more sketches in the Strathmore toned grey, and then bought a new sketchbook, and another smaller one.
___

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Pulsing Imagination - Ray Clews' Paintings

A video of some of my late brother Ray's paintings and poems I wrote for them. Direct link: https://youtu.be/V8iZyORoU9E ___