Saturday, May 28, 2016

It's done when you abandon it


Some paintings are a gift, this one, torturous stroke after stroke, first drawn a month ago, and painted in sporadic marathon sessions since then. Burst a blood vessel in my eye on thurs, my eyes were so sore from painting for many hours, up close, step back, up close, and today, another marathon, all afternoon and evening. This detail was taken in artificial light and the colours were quite washed out so I deepened the tones in photoshop, and hopefully within the week I will get a chance to photograph the whole painting in daylight and post it.

I'm calling it quits on the painting! It's done when you abandon it.
___

 brendaclews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-Portrait with a Fascinator 2016

On Monday, I walked, buying frames from two stores in different parts of the city, then went to the Art Bar Poetry Series in the evening, ab...