Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Sketch from Shab-e She'r (Poetry Night)



A little sketch of Dionne Samuels, aka The Bird of Paradise, while she was performing last night (Jan 27th) at Shab-e She'r (Poetry Night). Fabulous performance; fabulous evening!

While I am satisfied with the drawing, it looks like her and she liked it and signed it last night, there wasn't enough time for me to properly draw that arm, which, as an animated performer, she kept moving anyhow. I do not take reference photos when I sketch at poetry readings ever. Then, I'd become obsessed and continue to work on them, wouldn't I.

©Brenda Clews, 21cm x 29cm, 8" x 11.5", 2015, Moleskine folio Sketchbook, graphite.

___

 brendaclews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-Portrait with a Fascinator 2016

On Monday, I walked, buying frames from two stores in different parts of the city, then went to the Art Bar Poetry Series in the evening, ab...