Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Split Mask: Preparing the mask for performance, papier-mache 1

While I made the mask last Summer, and we have used it in a few photo shoots, it has only been held together with masking tape. Two days ago I began the process of papier-mache. It's been sanded in these photos, and needs, I think, one more layer, more sanding, and then it will be painted white with a matte finish. I always glue soft white flannel on the inside of my masks to make them more comfortable to wear for poetry performances, so that has to be done too. I took these photos late last night with my iPhone 5S. Pretty spooky, huh.






___

 brendaclews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self-Portrait with a Fascinator 2016

On Monday, I walked, buying frames from two stores in different parts of the city, then went to the Art Bar Poetry Series in the evening, ab...