Wednesday, January 04, 2012

'A House Plant': Two Days, Two Different Moods

From my Moleskine project: the house plant on my dining room table, yesterday's painting, and today's. Two very different renditions.


Yesterday's painting of the house plant on my dining room table. Colour is still not quite right.

Today's painting of the
house plant on my dining
room table. Acrylic bone
black base.


2nd Draft. Oil paints,
then scratched over. I
wiped it off.



3rd Draft today. Where I left it. I took the photo in daylight shade; it's darker than this in the Moleskine.





The first and last are in my Moleskine sketchbook - the three middle ones were on the way to the last one, to the left, which is likely finished.

The painting is dark and depressing, it disappears in the shadows, but in the light isn't too bad. A matte fixative will decrease the shine in it, too.




Home  Green Fire  Different, yet Same  Soirée of Poetry  Videopoetry  Celestial Dancers  Photopoems  Birthdance  Bliss Queen  Bio  Life Drawings  Earth Rising  Creative Process  Multiplicities  Links  Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Pulsing Imagination - Ray Clews' Paintings

A video of some of my late brother Ray's paintings and poems I wrote for them. Direct link: https://youtu.be/V8iZyORoU9E ___