Monday, December 26, 2011

Wet Trees

A mute shifting, like the slide from a light-dimmed sky
to darkness in the slanting rain. I am
wordless. The dead hover over me
as we commune.

When we are here, fully immersed, time unravels
properly. Otherwise
it knots.

Knots of not-enough time tighten. Tasks pile on tasks and
we forget the spirits
who wait for us:

To remember our remembering.

The falling rain sleets and turns to snow;
the boughs of the black trees glisten wetly
in the night.







Home  Green Fire  Different, yet Same  Soirée of Poetry  Videopoetry  Celestial Dancers  Photopoems  Birthdance  Bliss Queen  Bio  Life Drawings  Earth Rising  Creative Process  Multiplicities  Links  Comments

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:56 AM

    Very beautiful Brenda. I love how every stanza is a poem in itself. Combined they form a complete meditation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely comment to wake up to, Dan. I haven't written any poetry in months, and this took a few days to compose. I so admired how you wrote such great poems every day for a month - yes, I can write a 50,000 word novella in a month, but poetry... comes in bursts, or disappears, or, through daunt of will, is shaped and chiseled slowly.

    ReplyDelete

A Pulsing Imagination - Ray Clews' Paintings

A video of some of my late brother Ray's paintings and poems I wrote for them. Direct link: https://youtu.be/V8iZyORoU9E ___