Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Stone #4: A Rock Dove

Clap of wings, a ledge. Street grey, pin black eyes- the pavement where I walk, or the fleeing sky, or a flock pecking bagel bits.

(I balk at putting the word 'watch' in, and hope you, the reader, can parse it anyhow.

Okay, putting it in:

Clap of wings, a ledge. Street grey, pin black eyes watch
the pavement where I walk, or the fleeing sky, or a flock pecking bagel bits.

Without it, the missing verb appears anyhow. You should leap from the ledge to the view. No, I don't have to say imaginatively, I don't. No, no.)
_

A River
of Stones



Home   Different, yet Same   Soirée of Poetry   Videopoetry   Celestial Dancers   Photopoems   Birthdance   Bliss Queen   Bio   Life Drawings   Earth Rising   Creative Process   Recent Work   Links   Comments

2 comments:

  1. Love your mutterings between the 2 versions! And I like both versions! Each has its own face and personality!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me laugh, Gemma! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

A Pulsing Imagination - Ray Clews' Paintings

A video of some of my late brother Ray's paintings and poems I wrote for them. Direct link: https://youtu.be/V8iZyORoU9E ___