Sunday, November 21, 2010

Silently Censored!

First I laughed, then I became livid.

Look, the process of creation begins with lovemaking. Conception occurs deep within the woman when her precious egg accepts the fertilization of a man's sperm. Lovemaking is a man's only bodily pleasure in the process of creating new life. It's all he's given.

The woman's body takes over. Pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, these are only her experiences. He can never know what these incredible processes feel like. He is shut out of the deepest mysteries of the beginnings of embodied life.

Personally I think this is one of the most unfair aspects of existence. I regale against it.

But it's reality. Perhaps those unsubbers are into artificial insemination for everybody? What a dry life that would be!

My lovers illustrate the beginning of the story. The story of the maternal body, of the birth of new life.

So I've lost a couple of subscriptions. Really I don't care, but my current art project, to have some paintings of the beginning of the process of birth, is clearly misunderstood.

What I've decided is to remove the posts with the images, though I will leave the album intact at Picasa. I may make it findable only if you have the link, I haven't decided. I may upload new drawings or paintings here for a day or so, and then remove them, not sure.

Incensed is what I am.




Home   Different, yet Same   Soirée of Poetry   Videopoetry   Celestial Dancers   Photopoems   Birthdance   Bliss Queen   Bio   Life Drawings   Earth Rising   Creative Process   Recent Work   Links   Comments

4 comments:

  1. Your drawings are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sherry... appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:13 PM

    To recoil from such art manifests a case of arrested development, imo. Probably snickered about it. Where can I see more?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, A.Decker, for your strong response. Probably these pieces should be kept somewhere discreetly - though for the basic drawing I paused some films during erotic scenes in movies available by Netflix streaming and available really to anyone. Lifedrawings.

    ReplyDelete

Self-Portrait with a Fascinator 2016

On Monday, I walked, buying frames from two stores in different parts of the city, then went to the Art Bar Poetry Series in the evening, ab...