Monday, August 17, 2009

An hour of bliss...




It's 9pm, and wilting in a heat wave - though I am in air conditioning all day at work. And then I remind myself that I love the sultry Summer heat and we've had so little of it this year. And so bask in it...

When I came home, my son had taken our dog downstairs, and for the first time in 10 years I came home to a quiet apartment. No happy, crazy doggy to greet me. It felt strange. My daughter's not back from her camping/bed & breakfast trip yet.


I came home. Where is everybody? An empty place? Oh wow.

I rested but also put JazzFM on and listened with ear buds... and had an hour of bliss! Every instrument, piano, trombone, snare drums, the sexy gravely voices of the men singing blues and jazz, emerged from the centre of my consciousness like magnificent flowers blooming... creativity blossoming in the world... fabulous hour of reverie.

Moments like these are enabling - encouraging, inspiring, uplifting, affirmative... an inner blossom of bliss runs everywhere in the molecules of the world like a Tao, and I tapped into it for an hour tonight newly, it's been a long time...

Perhaps the financial stress I've been under with being unemployed for so long is lifting just a little, just enough to feel an hour of bliss listening to jazz...




_
photos are stills from a short video I took back in June... a clip which you might see one day on these pages...

1 comment:

  1. heat wave here, today, too, and after a day of bad luck which forced me outside, i was wilting, also. i could not survive without A/C although most people in the pacific nw do not have it. these hot days we have had this summer are usually short lived. being from the hot and humid south i would have been in a panic without it, so i was thrilled to learn the house we were buying a few years ago already had central heat and air.

    it has to be wonderful to find these little moments of solitude amidst the full life you share with others. i value the time during the day which is mine alone as much as i value the together time i have with my mate.

    i love the bright colors in these images!

    ReplyDelete

Self-Portrait with a Fascinator 2016

On Monday, I walked, buying frames from two stores in different parts of the city, then went to the Art Bar Poetry Series in the evening, ab...