Monday, June 02, 2008

Video of poetry reading of Veils to Clothe Venus

A test, an experiment. I bought a laptop and made this recording with the built-in webcam. It's fuzzy, oh so fuzzy. I wasn't able to figure out how to edit in Windows Media and so it's as is. It's not going to stay up for long - I do have a video camera that will record a person in motion, and seeing this is enough to make me dust it off... more poetry experiments in the future!

Oh, I wouldn't wear my reading glasses, no, no, so I was using a large magnifying glass to read the poem - it's soooo funny. And don't ask what I was doing with my arm at the end, who knows.

Notes for future recordings: memorize, stay in focus, and anything else you the happenstance reader who might bumble upon this site might add if you come by before I delete this, blush, clip.

xo

2 comments:

  1. well, the movements back and forth were so rampant that they actually made me a bit dizzy. my suggestion would be for you not to move so much when you read again. it distracts the viewer from the words, i think. i am left remembering only the movement. now i must go back to listen with my eyes shut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, Sky. It's the camera, blurring motion even as it tries to capture it. On my other camera, which I must use, there is a setting that turns the motion detector off, thus allowing movement on screen.

    I posted this video clip as a first attempt, an experiment, a testing ground. You haven't said give up videos of your poetry, but deal with the technical issues. That's a relief. I appreciate your comment, and thank you for your feedback. xo

    ReplyDelete

A Pulsing Imagination - Ray Clews' Paintings

A video of some of my late brother Ray's paintings and poems I wrote for them. Direct link: https://youtu.be/V8iZyORoU9E ___