Thursday, April 26, 2007

A gentle and quiet euphoria

Every morning I awake in the unfolding petals of my beautiful life, my head cushioned on a soft down pillow, and I let go of everything except the ecstasy of living. Perhaps it's years of meditation, but slipping out of the slipstream of thoughts, letting anxiety go, isn't hard. Being in the joy of living, the breath, the beating heart. At night I try to go to sleep in the same state, relieved of my life so I can embrace and affirm it. I am in love, of course I am in love. How could I not be?

3 comments:

  1. Such is my aspiration. Unrealized it may be, but luckily I manage well enough without. But with. Ah, life would be so much better. If only with, instead of without.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This entry washed over me like a cool stream. Nowadays I use earplugs-enhanced relaxation because a cat roaming the neighborhood has placed Red squarely in day-and-night Serenade Mode. Been difficult to meditate past those amorous yowls. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:50 PM

    What can I say, but that this is brilliant. And there is joy reflective. Perfect.

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete

Self-Portrait with a Fascinator 2016

On Monday, I walked, buying frames from two stores in different parts of the city, then went to the Art Bar Poetry Series in the evening, ab...