Thursday, December 28, 2006

Incandescences

Do I have anything to say? I wander around feeling a relief from the pressure of writing, a pressure which was so intense for awhile. I don't have to continually create what I'm living in writing; I don't have to reach for metaphors that inadequately embody my experience, imaginary or otherwise.

Only I do.

This I cannot escape from. Every moment is writing.

The world I interact with is composed of lights and planes and shadows, of sounds and textures, of feelings and thoughts, of people and events. Every moment is intimate.

The life that I live demands that I read it continually. That I be agile, open, dancing. That I maintain a strong sense of self while being loving, caring, gentle, giving. That I find where the light froths and bubbles with incandescence. That I fill my days with laughter inbetween the tears and furies.

Last night, amidst the usual family crises that occur over the holiday season, with many thoughts about the way we compose ourselves for ourselves and for each other, I thought, seriously, at least half of us are quite mad, barely rational, while the other half are caretakers, angels who hold us together.

But, then, I don't want to be like that, thinking those thoughts, and so I swept all such considerations away, leaving my mind a great expansive ocean. Meditation keeps me balanced. Always the vast emptiness. The silent bliss. Surely we are each everything, dark irrationalities and the stuff of radiance. All six billion of us. So toasting this mad, crazy ravage of love that we are on the earth!

4 comments:

  1. A toast to you, Brenda: Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:57 PM

    Happy New Year. One filled with Peace and Love and Vision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Richard, many rich and beautiful blessings for the coming year...

    Bruce, may your New Year be filled with prosperity and great joy...

    Thank you both. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:07 AM

    The undeniable beauty of parquet flooring is financially out of reach for many people. A cost comparison between replacing the old worn out wall to wall carpeting and installing parquet flooring will show that the parquet choice is less expensive if you install it yourself.

    If you don't have sub flooring which can be sanded and varnished, you might consider do it yourself parquet flooring. Eight or twelve inch squares of finished oak are available in several shades of stain from dark walnut like oak to pale natural tones. The wood grain is preserved in all finishes and the final clear coat will stand up to most traffic.

    ReplyDelete

A Pulsing Imagination - Ray Clews' Paintings

A video of some of my late brother Ray's paintings and poems I wrote for them. Direct link: https://youtu.be/V8iZyORoU9E ___