Thursday, March 02, 2006

Towards Spring...

I drag myself, weary and sun-deprived, towards Spring...

I wrote this at MB's site a moment ago, and wonder if it'll be one of those images that opens a whole cast of images; I miss the ease of writing prose poetry pieces, and am waiting for words that shape themselves to the metaphoric consciousness to return....

Those of you with feeds know that I'm an incessant editor; you shalln't then mind if I update this until a prose poetry piece has formed out of the initial image? (which is a bit melodramatic, I'll agree :)

2 comments:

  1. Nah, not melodramatic. That's how it feels by this time of the year! I'll come back later and see if it gave birth to a poem. But even if not, putting the image out there is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not yet! In too much turmoil over, well, ah...

    Melodramatic, oh yes! It would be better to say, Weary and sun-deprived, I await Spring...

    The word "drag" is what makes it melodramatic. Without it, it could be more anticipatory, without it, there is more light, and yet it is the very absence of light and warmth that marks the wearinesseses.

    In Vancouver early Spring flowers were all awakening and beginning to bloom by the last week in January. It was so magical to have it come that soon in the year.

    It's not too long now. I crave the steam baths of the Summer months...

    Drag and crave, oh how much more melodramatic!

    Glad you feel it too, Jean - no, only to commiserate with! I wish you Southern sunshine and bounteous joy!

    ReplyDelete

A Pulsing Imagination - Ray Clews' Paintings

A video of some of my late brother Ray's paintings and poems I wrote for them. Direct link: https://youtu.be/V8iZyORoU9E ___