Sunday, February 26, 2006

Favoured quotes

Not usually liking quotes out of context, prefering either the original author's or the poster's comments for embedding the jewel in, I, too, have my favourites. These speak to me about art, ways of being, meaning...


"I stopped and let myself lean a moment against the blue shoulder of the air. The work of my art is the work of the world's heart. There is no other art."

Alison Luterman


"You are not here to love the world; you are here to be love in the world."

Grace Johnson

4 comments:

  1. Good ones. I particularly respond to the second one today, perhaps because I've been feeling today like I'm not being love in the world. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't...

    ReplyDelete
  2. mb, how could you not be love in the world? You of all people... can't imagine it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Brenda, I am human, you know! When February's grimness gets me grumpy and dissatisfied or physically uncomfortable and I forget what I have to be grateful for, I can slip and wallow in a self-centered pity puddle. For better or worse, I'm usually painfully aware of what I'm doing while I'm doing it, even if not yet aware of how to pull myself back out of the puddle!

    And the funny thing is that I've learned that the way back is... through love. It seems to all be about love, for me, one way or another. I find that mind-boggling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, mb, please go easy on yourself... it's normal, none of us needs to be always 'up'... and you're right, the way back is always through love... thank you.

    ReplyDelete

A Pulsing Imagination - Ray Clews' Paintings

A video of some of my late brother Ray's paintings and poems I wrote for them. Direct link: https://youtu.be/V8iZyORoU9E ___