Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Time to take to the skies...

With many behind-the-scenes crises and negotiations, it's finally official. I'm moving back to Toronto, where I expect to be welcomed by quibbling but supportive family and a whole group of beautiful friends. I plan to fly out of Vancouver on Monday, with my dog and cat in tow. I have nowhere to stay, and will have to rely on the kindness of friends for the first bit (my family can't help, my brothers live in a no-dogs condo and my mother is in her 80s and couldn't handle me & my pets)...

I'm gonna miss you all! I am working this week, and packing like a halycon now that it is actually going to happen, and don't know when I'll be on-line again, it could be a day, a week, a month...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usI'd like to thank all of you for your supportive, encouraging, warm and sometimes humorous comments as I struggled through my uncertainties. You've all made it an easier journey, and my last post, Sky Songs in the Park, was particularly inspired by our connections to each other. I'd especially like to thank a fellow blogger who has been most kind to me throughout the ongoing crises and practically hand-held me through the worst and most unsettling parts, Ira, thenarrator. And Pru, ydurp, for your support behind-the-scenes too. And Laurieglynn, for your long and encouraging magical emails. And dear Bonnie, Literature_Chick, I hope to squeeze some time out of this busy weekend of packing and moving to go to the Slough to meet you, the Japanese fishing village in Richmond, where a most amazing woman lives in a little house on stilts. And Stephen, Voxcat, it sure was wonderful meeting another blogger and hitting the town to dance last Saturday night, and how you took me to that magical house in the Slough last night, ahh; we'll keep in touch with each other through the blogosphere...

Until we meet again, my beautiful writers, friends, confidants... big hugs, lots of kisses, and tons of delightful laughter... & keep on posting! xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Bon voyage, Brenda, and happy home-coming. I'll be thinking of you. I just blogrolled you, so please don't be away too long. Just carry on being brave and beautiful and it will all work out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the transition be smooth and blessed! And do hurry back to your beautiful blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you all the best in this transition. May it go as smoothly as possible, and may any bumps along the way be healing and teaching ones....

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing picture, Brenda. You leave us with good images in so many ways. Don't be away too long. I have grown dependent on the learning that I do with and through you. I'll be watching for your return. -mg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck, Brenda! We'll all be eagerly waiting for updates from your new life. Happiness and fulfillment to you.

    ReplyDelete

Self-Portrait with a Fascinator 2016

On Monday, I walked, buying frames from two stores in different parts of the city, then went to the Art Bar Poetry Series in the evening, ab...